Join Us for Lunch using Zoom!
The Central Ohio Chapter has been using Zoom software for Board meetings this year and now we encourage our members to join our monthly lunch meetings as we continue to work our way through the pandemic. This month several Chapter members met at Berwick Manor for lunch and several more joined us via Zoom for a virtual lunch meeting. Both Berwick and our members observed all required restrictions and obligations…social distance, masks, hand sanitizer, individual servings, etc. All agreed it’s worthwhile to meet informally like this and we will make this a monthly event. For those of you who want to participate in lunch meetings, here’s how it works:
1. A notice will be posted on the website containing two links leading to either an invitation to lunch or to attend the Zoom lunch meeting.
a. The Zoom meeting link will contain all the information about the Zoom meeting and ask you to accept if you plan to participate.
b. The lunch meeting link will let us know you plan to attend the lunch meeting at Berwick. For lunch, Berwick prepares a menu with several options. At lunch, you select your lunch and individual payment…each menu item costs $12 which includes salad, drink, roll and entree.
2. If you are using Zoom for the first time, you will be asked to download the app software. There is no cost to download the app software and it will be available to support any Zoom meeting you join in the future.
3. The Zoom meeting will be managed from Berwick and you will be able to see and speak with everyone who joins the meeting. At Berwick, we will have a computer with a camera and speakers so the group at Berwick can join the meeting.
4. If you are not familiar with Zoom, here’s a link to learn how Zoom works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9isp3qPeQ0E
5. If you have questions about using Zoom, we have several skilled people you can contact for assistance: Nancy Rey, Pryor Timmons or Joe Machado. If you have any questions, please contact one of us when you read this so we can help you.
6. You can use your Mac or Windows computer (recommended), your iPad or Windows tablet, or even your iPhone or other smart phone.
Once you have experienced Zoom, any concern you have will be overcome by the excitement of using this technology to keep our Chapter mission moving forward.
Call or Text 703-405-8776